NWP (Nicodemus Wilderness Project)
The Nicodemus Wilderness Project was founded because of the need for environmental restoration, stewardship, and protection of neglected public lands. Our organization coordinates volunteer events worldwide that utilize the resources of the community to provide long-term environmental benefits for natural areas. We have established a large and enthusiastic volunteer network that draws upon the diverse strengths of different races and cultures to accomplish our common goal of restoring the beauty of the natural landscape. By working together with our community, the Nicodemus Wilderness Project educates our youth about the need to protect the integrity of the environment by promoting stewardship of the wild lands and waters that support Earth's biodiversity and ecosystems. Read our board-approved Strategic Plan (PDF - 119 KB).
We are a 501(c)(3) publicly-supported nonprofit charitable organization whose mission is:
To protect wildlife and our environment and to build future conservation leaders by engaging youth in environmental stewardship projects worldwide.
We envision that all young people will take personal responsibility and action toward protecting wildlife and the environment in their communities through NWP projects, and that these inspired youth volunteers will become the next generation of conservation leaders worldwide.
Our values :
- Youth volunteers become leaders when they are given the freedom to identify and solve environmental problems on their own.
* Wildlife and the environment benefit from litter cleanups, native tree plantings, nonnative plant removal, and community recycling programs.
* Young people develop leadership skills and confidence, which helps them become responsible citizens, when they are empowered to make a difference.
* Stewardship of the environment, for the benefit of wildlife and communities, requires long-term commitment from concerned citizens.
Help Protect Our Environment and Build Future Conservation Leaders by Making a Donation to NWP Today!
1. You can make a difference to youth. We work with youth volunteers, including those who are at-risk and disadvantaged, to help them build leadership skills and gain empowerment to make a difference in their communities and in the world. We award a $500 educational scholarship each year to the winner of our Apprentice Ecologist Awards.
2. You can make a difference in youth education. Kids and teens are eager to help save the environment but they need mentorship, supplies, and support that only your donation can provide.
3. You can make a difference to our environment. Our programs facilitate youth development and result in a cleaner and safer environment for wildlife and for the health and enjoyment of future generations.
4. You can make a difference to our world that will last for generations. NWP exceeds the criteria for a Charity Navigator Four Star Rating (top rating) developed for large national nonprofit organizations. When you give to NWP, you can be assured that you are giving wisely to an environmental charity that is committed to making your donation directly benefit youth, wildlife, and our environment.
5. You can make a difference every day by reducing the environmental costs of plastic and paper bags. Get a large sturdy NWP canvas tote bag made in the USA with 100% certified organic cotton when you donate $50 or more. Ask your merchant about store bag credits when you use your NWP tote bag!
-Grade "A" 10 ounce 100% certified organic cotton canvas.
-Width=18", Height=15", Gusset="5"
-Two rows of stitching across the top of the bag.
-Concealed, finished, non-protruding side seams.
-Finest quality silk screen and color reproduction/stability.
-Manufactured by a third generation family firm that practices environmental sustainability principles.
-Product grown, woven, and sewn in the U.S.A. (No child or forced labor in sweatshops).
Where does your donation go?
For each $10 donation, you can provide mentorship and supplies for one youth volunteer. That means that just $100 can impact the lives of 10 young people, the environment, and our world.
The National Charities Information Bureau advises maintaining a charity’s administrative expenses at no more than 40%. Since our inception in 2000, all administrative functions have been performed on an entirely unpaid basis and we have applied >95% of your donations toward program services.
The reality is that if we want to continue to expand our program to even more communities around the world, we are going to need to establish some paid administrative positions to coordinate and administer our projects. That is what our Campaign 300 is all about.
Nonetheless, we are committed to keeping our administrative costs to less than 5% and our President and Executive Director, Robert K. Dudley, is devoted to working in an unpaid capacity as long as is necessary to ensure the success of our mission.
Did you know that a $50 donation* to NWP really equals $ 740?
( *Data current as of April 19, 2009 )
Volunteers form the heart and soul of our organization! Volunteers work for free and only require basic supplies and support. Based on our most Recent Financial Report and volunteer project database, a $50 donation actually resulted in $ 740 worth of program services! This means that a modest donation will actually go toward completing hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of projects. Our high operating efficiency makes your hard-earned money go farther and helps support these important programs.
You can make a difference to youth, wildlife, and our environment!
Donate online or print and send your membership form (PDF - 192 KB) to:
Nicodemus Wilderness Project
Post Office Box 40712
Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87196-0712 USA
We are a 501(c)(3) publicly-supported nonprofit charitable organization; your gift is fully tax-deductible.
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.